Department: TaxReports to: Tax Manager or Partner
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Date Prepared: Jul 2017
Performs day-to-day tax functions for clients.
- Core Responsibilities:
- Complete assigned tasks / jobs
- Learn the growth process (identify and communicate growth)
- Identify and help solve engagement (job) technical issues, anomalies, non-routine items
- Collaborate and communicate with client and team members in a professional manner
- Actively sit and pass CPA examination
LocationLos Angeles, Newport Beach, San Francisco, Sacramento, San Diego
- Works with the tax team to prepare business and individual tax returns.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments of varying sizes and complexity within given timeframe and budget
- Ensures professional development through ongoing education and obtaining additional certifications as appropriate.
- Helps handle routine client tax questions, and works with clients to collect necessary information for tax return completion and compliance.
- Prepare account reconciliations and journal entries related to tax accruals
- Prepares various types of state and federal tax returns
- Develop an understanding of Firm policies, processes, and procedures
- Completes research and special projects as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned from time to time by Seniors, Managers, or Partners.
- Overtime during busy season.
- Minimal Hazards.
- Travel to client sites overnight may be required
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in accounting or related field required
- Meet educational requirements to sit for the CPA exam as outlined by the Board of Accountancy in the state of your preferred office location
- Knowledge of CCH Prosystems is preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting including bookkeeping and journal entry preparation preferred
- Excellent customer service skills (internal and external)
- Creative problem solving and research skills
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work effectively both as part of a team and independently
- Highly motivated and interested in taking the initiative for personal growth and development
- Able to handle multiple priorities, tasks and simultaneous projects
- Ability to travel to client locations which may include occasional overnight stays
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Career ownership through proactively seeking assignment, research, helping others, seeking feedback and keeping others informed of available hours
- Team player – help where you can, stay engaged with the team through project completion
- Task/deadline oriented – completing projects within expectations i.e. timeframe and budget
- Continually work to increase quality of work through asking questions and being receptive to review notes and feedback
- Ownership of work – follow through to completion and communicate status with seniors/supervisors often